Wyndham Citizen of the Year Roger Vistarini has dedicated the past four years volunteering to help men overcome drug and alcohol addictions.
He was presented with the prestigious title at last Friday’s Wyndham Community Volunteer Awards which celebrate the achievements of some of the city’s many volunteers.
Mayor Mia Shaw said Mr Vistarini was acknowledged for his outstanding commitment to community health and wellbeing and the time he has dedicated to helping men transform their lives at the residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre in Hoppers Crossing, Dreambuilders Transformations.
“For the past four years Roger has volunteered extensive hours to help create a safe and supportive environment for men to recover from addictions,” Cr Shaw said. “He is known for going above and beyond in building relationships and making a significant difference in helping people to rebuild their lives.”
Other category winners included:
• Erum Ali – Community Engagement Award
• Lisa Field – Environment or Sustainability Award
• Gaurav Malhotra – Sports and Recreation
• Emily Lacey – Young Volunteer of the Year
• Headspace Werribee Youth Advocacy Group – Community Group of the Year.
• George Donaldson – Culture or Tourism Award.
Award winners received a trophy and directed a donation to a charity or not-for-profit group of their choice.