When Sharon Cristallini, who runs Sing it with Sharon singing performance school, helped organise a Girls Night In event to raise funds for cancer research she was expecting the arrival of a big happy crew – and that’s what she got last night (October 22).
The women contributed $30 each to be part of it and they shared some delicious food and a glass of bubbly or wine, along with a barrel of laughs. Sharon says the number of local businesses and individuals who stepped up to support the night was incredible.
“We are so grateful for the many people who made the night such a success,” she says. “There are so many people, including friends and family, to thank. We are especially grateful to the hard-working fundraising team.”
Sharon names the standout supporters here:
• Vizzini Catering, Epping: Provided delicious pizzas.
• Savage Seas Adventures: A $600 voucher for fishing charter/scuba dive adventure.
• Cheesecake Shop, South Morang: Provided assorted cheesecakes.
• Bridges Restaurant, Hurstbridge: Donated three dining vouchers to the value of $150 each and wine and champagne for the night.
• Bargain Depot Epping: Provided table supplies.
• Hair Time Hair Design, Thomastown: Donated a voucher for hair services.
• Angel Flowers Melbourne: Donated a $60 voucher.
• Sweet Dream Scents: Cindy donated a percentage of profits made from candle sales on the night.
• Yummy Cannoli, Mill Park: Donated all profits made from sales.
A photo booth was set up so attendees could take home a memento of the fun night, there was also a lucky dip and a silent auction.
Sharon and her team are proud of the amount raised – $4105 – which goes towards cancer research, to hopefully one day have a cancer-free world.