Building her very own home has been Sarah Sanderson’s dream since she was just 10. Her childhood dream came true this year when she and her five-year-old daughter moved into their four-bedroom home in Cobblebank, near Melton South, writes Kate Jones from Domain.
“The house is beautiful, it’s everything I had dreamed of,” Sarah says. “We love it.”
Sarah spent $219,000 on the home by Eight Homes. It includes upgrades such as a walk-in pantry and alterations to the laundry, so her cat could enjoy some extra space.
“I’d been looking for years and really wanted something versatile so I went to every builder, but this was the one that ticked all the boxes,” she says.
Sarah’s home is the Coby, one of 22 designs offered in the lifestyle range by Eight Homes. This range includes single and double-storey designs, all with a focus on floorplans that maximise space.
There is also a selection of designs to choose from in the 21 range, which has been created specifically for smaller land lots. It features eight single-storey and eight double-storey designs all suited to 21-metre-deep lots.
All designs by Eight Homes are geared to offer affordability, especially for first and second-home buyers, says state sales manager Luke Veith.
“First-home buyers like our streamlined process and price combined with our designs,” he says.
“Owning your first home couldn’t be easier with Eight Homes – we offer a low deposit of $3888 with nothing to pay until the slab stage.”
Luke says Eight Homes gives buyers a fixed-price quote before they receive the contract.
“We’re completely transparent, so you know exactly what you’re getting up front so there are no surprises later,” he says.
8 REASONS TO BUILD WITH EIGHT HOMES
1. Guaranteed fixed price – all prices are presented upfront at your Contract Appointment, no surprises later
2. Guaranteed site start – site start date is locked in as soon as you deposit
3. Guaranteed completion date
4. 25-year structural guarantee – there’s no compromise on quality
5. Best designs – the most popular features are put into home designs
6. Affordable – the easy process reduces administration costs
7. Low deposit – $3,888 with no additional payments required until the slab stage
8. Simple and efficient – the easy process takes the hard work out of selecting what you like
Eight Homes, Level 1, 90 Maribyrnong Street, Footscray. Inquiries: 8398 1000 or 8homes.com.au