Keilor Park was happy to play the role of spoiler in a 0-0 draw with league leader Altona Magic in Football Federation Victoria men’s state league 1 at Keilor Park Recreation Reserve on Saturday.

The Eagles have nothing but nuisance value to offer for the remainder of the season and they certainly provided that to a Magic side that is looking a bit shaky the closer it gets to sealing the title.

Eagles secretary Eric Psarianos said it was a good result.

“The Magic had a lot to play for and they came at us pretty hard,” he said. “It was a good tense, tough game and the boys absolutely stepped up.”

Keilor Park had opportunities, but failed to capitalise on two one-on-one chances with Magic goalkeeper Michael Stark.

But it would have been unjust had the Eagles taken all three points after the Magic controlled most of the play. The Eagles’ best line was its defensive quartet of Reno Damianou, Dean Campelj, Steven Cudrig and Matthew Sirgiovanni.

Particularly late in the game, the Eagles back four were tested to the maximum, but they withstood the pressure.

Any time Eagles goalkeeper Chris Tsonis was called upon, he answered the challenge.

Keilor Park remains in mid-table seventh ahead of a trip to Essendon Royals on Saturday.

Elsewhere in state league 1, North Sunshine Eagles routed relegation-threatened Westgate 5-0 at Castley Reserve. Shane Rexhepi fired in a hat-trick for the Eagles, while Diellon Memishi scored a double.

Sydenham Park earned a 2-2 draw away to Geelong courtesy of a double to Koce Delev.

In state league 3, Brimbank Stallions are not giving up on the promotion hunt. They’ve moved to within two points of top spot after a 5-1 mauling of Fawkner at the Club Italia Sporting Club.

Ashley Webster scored four goals for the Stallions, taking his tally to 11 in eight games.

The National Premier League Victoria regular season wrapped up on Sunday with Melbourne Knights toppling relegation bound St Albans Saints 3-1 at Knights Stadium.

The Knights trailed to a Matthew Cundari goal in the sixth minute, but a double to Jason Hicks and another goal to Adrian Tardio sealed a comeback win.

Green Gully will enter the finals on the back of a 2-1 loss to Pascoe Vale at Green Gully Reserve.

The Cavaliers, who finished fifth, will travel to play fourth-placed Bentleigh Greens in a qualifying final at Kingston Heath Soccer Complex on Friday night.