Faulty computer causes hospital evacuation overnight
Firefighters helped evacuate several cardiac patients from Sunshine Hospital last night, after smoke from a computer filled a ward.
Crews were called to the hospital just after 7.15pm on February 6, after an alarm alerted firefighters to an incident on the second floor.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters entered the hospital and found a large amount of smoke was issuing from a computer.
Crews quickly moved a number of cardiac patients away from the smoke and out of danger.
It is believed the incident may have been started by a battery. Investigations are continuing.